- 30g kabulichana (white chick peas), soaked overnight
- 10g chana dal (split bengal gram), soaked overnight
- 1/2 black cardamoms (badielaichi)
- ½” stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
- negligible tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp tea leaves
- 1/8 cup grated onions
- 1/3 tsp pomegranate (anardana) powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/4 tsp thinly sliced green chillies
- 1/4 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1/4 tsp punjabi garam masala
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 cup fresh tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp chole masala
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Drain and wash the kabulichana and chana dal. Keep aside.
- Make a small potli by tying the cardamom, cinnamon and tea leaves in a 2" x 2" piece of muslin cloth.
- Pressure cook the kabulichana, chana dal, the potli, soda-bi-carb, salt and 2½ cups of water for 2 whistles.
- Discard the potli and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they are golden brown.
- Add in the pomegranate seed powder, ginger paste, green chillies, coriander powder, Punjabigaram masala and chilli powder.
- Add the tomato purée and salt and cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the kabulichana and chana dal alongwith the water and chole masala.
- Cook till the chole is completely dry.
- 50 grams Boneless chicken
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 small bay leaf
- ¼ small stick cinnoman stick
- 1-2 peppercorn
- 30g flour
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon chat masala
- salt to taste
- knorr chicken cube
- blue band spread
- 1 teaspoon green coriander
- 1 green chili (optional)
- water as needed
- Boil chicken with garlic cloves, cinnamon stick, tejpatta and peppercorns till it's completely cooked. No pink should remain in the center. Upon cooling, shred it roughly.
- Now, make the paratha dough. Break the dough into balls and shape them into the size of small oranges. Mix all the rest of the Ingredients in a bowl. Fill each ball with 3 teaspoons of the mixture. Take care that the filling doesn't spill out.
- Now, put this stuffed ball on the chakla and roll it like a regular paratha.
- Heat a tawa on medium heat. Put a tsp of oil on it and when it sizzles, put the paratha. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes, till the colour changes to a rich, golden brown. Serve with ghee on top or with dahi.
- Banana 1
- Apple ¼ chopped
- Orange ¼ cut
- Grapes a few
- Pomegranate a handful
- Honey/sugar 1 tsp
- Cut all the fruits taken.
- Add a spoonful of honey or sugar. Adjust according to taste and serve.
- Save Print
- 2 tbsp thick yogurt
- ½ small carrot, peeled and chopped finely
- ¼ small bell pepper (red, orange, yellow or green), chopped finely
- ¼ small cucumber, peeled and chopped finely
- ½ small tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- black salt or rock salt as required
- Whisk the yogurt/curd till smooth.
- Add the spices and salt and mix well.
- Add the chopped veggies and stir them into the yogurt.
- Check the taste and add more of the spice powders or salt if required.
- Serve the vegetable raita immediately.
MANGO MILK SHAKE
- 1 medium size mango
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoon of sugar or jaggery (optional)
- 2 small ice cubes (optional)
- pinch of saffron (optional)
- Wash the mangoes and peel them.
- Chop the mango pulp into small pieces.
- add the mango pulp into the blender along with milk
- Add the sugar or jaggery as per your taste and also considering the sweetness of mangoes.
- Add saffron.
- You can add ice cubes also at this stage or you can add the ice cubes while serving the mango shake.
- Blend everything till smooth.
- Add the chopped dry fruits, if you want for garnishing.
- And serve the mango shake with few saffron strands for garnish.
|FRUIT JELLY MOULD||113||0.6||0.2|
|MANGO LEMONADE WITH MIXED FRUIT ENERGILE||164||0.4||0.2|
- Onion, chopped-30 gm
- Coriander , chopped-2 tsp
- Milk -2 tbsp
- Black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Blue band spread
- Oil-1 tsp
- Soak the bread in the milk on both sides to soften, about 5 minutes per side, depending on how hard the bread is. (If it is softer, it may need less time.)
- Beat the egg with salt, pepper,onion& coriander in a flat or shallow dish.
- Pull the bread from the milk and turn it around in the egg mixture to coat.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown
- Serve with blue band margarine spread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30g white breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g skinless sustainable white fish, sliced into 3 strips
- 20G blue band margarine
- 20g frozen peas, cooked and cooled
- 75g young leaf spinach
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour the beaten egg into a shallow dish. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Mix the lemon zest into the breadcrumbs along with the oregano and some salt and pepper.
- Brush a non-stick baking sheet with half the oil. Dip the fish strips into the egg, then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayo with a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss the spinach leaves and peas with a squeeze more lemon juice and the remaining oil. Serve the fish fingers with the spinach and peas and a spoonful of the lemony mayo.
- 50g chicken, boneless
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 30g gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp dried mango powder (amchoor)
- 2 tsp anardana
- Knorr cube
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 2 Tsp green coriander, chopped
- 2 Tsp mint leaves, chopped
- Oil for frying
- Marinate chicken with salt and ginger-garlic paste and leave for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the other ingredients.
- Make batter by adding water.
- Dip chicken pieces in batter and deep fry.
- Suggestion: Serve with blue band spread.
FRUIT JELLY MOULD
MANGO LEMONADE WITH MIXED FRUIT ENERGILE
- Thick mango pulp – 30g
- Sugar – 10g (adjust according to the sweetness of the mangoes)
- Water - 1 cup for sugar syrup
- Cold Water - as required to mix with concentrate
- Lemon juice - from 2 lemons
- Mixed fruit energile-10g
- Squeeze lemon and extract the juice, discard the seeds. Collect the juice in a bowl.Keep aside. In a heavy bottomed vessel add sugar.
- Then add water and stir continuously till sugar dissolves and it will start bubbling , allow it to boil till a single string consistency is reached(very thin string is enough). Switch off and cool down completely.
- Blend mangoes to get a thick pulp(dont add water). Once the sugar syrup is completely cooled add the mango pulp to it, then add lemon juice to it.
- While serving add cold water and ice cubes as required to the mango lemon concentrate and serve chilled.