- 30 g whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- a pinch of salt
- oil for deep-frying
- Combine the whole wheat flour and salt all and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Knead again with the remaining ½ tbsp of oil and cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the puris a few at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.
- Chicken 50g
- Clarified butter 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste ½ tsp
- Salt –to taste
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Wheat flour 1tbspdissolved in water)
- Plain flour 1tbsp (dissolved in water)
- Coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chilies 2 (chopped)
- Brown onion 1 tbsp
- Lemon wedges to serve
For Nihari Masala :
- Aniseeds 1 tsp
- White cumin 1/2 tsp
- Anis star 1
- Allspice 1 tsp
- Ginger ½ tsp (dried)
- Chili powder 3 tsp
- Knorr cube 1
- For Masala: Grind all together, fill in the bottle and store.
- For Nihari: Heat clarified butter then add ginger garlic paste, salt and chili powder, slightly fry.
- Add chicken and 4 tbsp of the prepared nihari masala, fry well.
- Add 5 cups of water when water boiling, add in the dissolve paste of both the flour.
- Keep stirring till one boil comes, lower flame and leave it on simmer till chicken tender and oil comes on top.
- Serve with coriander leaves, chopped green chilies, lemon, brown onion and naan.
- ½ small onion
- Few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Beat yogurt,add chopped onions & coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle some salt & serve.
|MIXED FRUIT ENERGILE||92||0||0|
- Potato (boiled & mashed) 1
- Roasted Cumin ¼ tsp.
- Black pepper ½ tsp.
- Red chili powder ¼ tsp.
- Green chili ½
- Eggs (beaten) 1
- Knorr Chicken cubes 1 Cube
- Bread crumbs as required
- Oil for frying
- Mash potatoes. Add Knorr Chicken cubes red chili pepper and Cumin. Mix well.
- Put some potato on your palm.
- Put cube and green chilies chopped in center.
- Cover and make cutlets.
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry till golden and crisp.
- White lentils ( Daal Maash)30 g
- Crushed red pepper ¼ tsp
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece
- Salt ½ tsp
- Baking powder ¼ tsp
- White cumin ¼ tsp
- Oil for frying
- Yogurt 140ml
- Caster sugar2 tsp
- Water 1/4 cup
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Cumin whole 1 tsp
- Chat Masala 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves a few
- Soak Daal in water for 5-6 hours.
- Blend daal, crushed red pepper, ginger, salt, baking powder and white cumin in the blender.
- Add water as required for blending.
- Drop this mixture in preheated oil with spoon.
- Fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Put salt, red chili powder and cumin whole in a luke warm water.
- Place fried Baray in the water after 2 minutes of frying for 4-5 minutes.
- Add caster sugar and pinch of salt in the yogurt and mix well.
- Pour this yogurt in the serving bowl. Squeeze out water from the Baray by pressing them between hands.
- Place these baray on the yogurt.
- Again pour some yogurt over baray.
- Sprinkle chat Masala, pinch of red chili powder, green chilies, coriander and meethi chutney over yogurt and serve.
- For the whole wheat pita breads
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) 30g
- 3/4 tsp fresh yeast, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the patties
- 20g cup soaked rajma (kidney beans)
- 2 cloves of garlic (lehsun), finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 finely chopped capsicum
- 1 tsp chilli powder
knorr chicken cube
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
To be blended into a mint dressing
- 50ml ml low fat curds (dahi)
- 5g chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1/2 green chilli
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera)
- salt to taste
- 2 tomatoes , finely chopped
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Knead until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll out each portion into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter and 6mm. (1/4") thickness.
- Cook the pita breads on a hot tava (griddle) over medium heat on each side for a minute or until the bread puffs up and a cavity is created in the bread. Remove and keep aside.
- Cut each pita bread into 2 halves and keep aside.