Chatkhara Mullygatawny Soup with Papadum
This healthy, hearty South Indian soup is a favorite of everyone. Simple and quick recipe that u would like to make over and over again.
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Daal Masoor 1 cup
- Curry powder 1 tbsp
- Knorr chicken soupstock 20gm
- Ginger/garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Tamarind paste 2 tbsp
- Boiled and shredded boneless chicken 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander chopped
- Toasted lentil papadums
- Boil 1 jug of water in a medium pan.
- Add knorr soupstock, masoor daal, curry powder, ginger/garlic paste and let cook on medium heat until daal is tender and starts breaking, about 20/25 minutes.
- Add tamarind paste and salt to taste.
- Using a hand blender, make the mix to a smooth, soupy consistency.
- Add shredded chicken and take it out in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a saute pan, add mustard seeds until they pop.
- Garnish soup with mustard seeds and fresh coriander, serve with rice or lentil papadums.