Potato & Macaronni Pie
No fuss Macaroni Pie,assembled a night before, kept refrigerated and baked next day.
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time45 min
- Cook Time20 min
- "Boiled macaroni 1 cup
- Potatoes, peeled and quartered 1 cup
- Knorr chicken soupstock 20gm
- Mozzarella and cheddar cheese mix, grated 1/4 cup
- Fresh cream
- Butter or margarine 1 tbsp
- Onion fine chopped 1 medium
- Beef sausages chopped fine 4 to 6
- Salt n pepper
- Spicy Pasta Sauce 1/4 cup
- Fresh parsley or coriander chopped
- In a medium pot, boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain, add knorr chicken soupstock and mash while still hot.
- Heat butter in a saute pan, add onions, cook until soft, add sausages and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream, boiled macaroni and onion mixture with potato, season with salt n pepper until well combined.
- Take a baking dish, brush with little butter and pour the potato mixture in.
- Spread pasta sauce on top, sprinkle cheese all over.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 c, until top is bubbling and golden.
- Serve with salad.